Re: [IP] Today's Dilemma

At 06/15/1998 - 08:49 PM email @ redacted wrote:
>Bob, I was wondering.  Does anyone besides me find the alarm, even set on
>loudest (3) on MM507, too low to hear?  When it goes off at night, it's a
>miracle that I can hear it.  I know there are times when it's under the
>blankets, attached to my pj bottoms, that I don't hear it, because I
>awaken to the alarm going off and realized that I had heard some type of
>alarm earlier but not loud enough to really awaken me fully.  I'd
>feedback from anyone on this subject please.

I'm glad that you feel the same way. Last week I talked to MiniMed about it
and they said that other's had mentioned the same thing and that they were
working on it. (No date, of course).

I have some high-frequency hearing loss from when I was in the US Air
Farce, in the late 1960's... jet engine noise. Makes those little beeps
hard to hear sometimes... especially when the pump is in it's case. I keep
pulling it out to look at it, just to make sure I didn't miss an alarm. I'm
not sure I would hear the beeps... I rarely hear the beep when it finishes
a bolus. (In fact, I didn't even realize that it beeped after a bolus until

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted