Re: [IP] Please help about the infusion sets!

Sunanda Kundu wrote:
>  This is Sunanda from Chicago. I am planning to go for MiniMed507
> very soon. I have seen both the tender needle of Disetronic and the
> Silhoutte needle of MiniMed. Can you please tell me if I can use the
> tender needle of Disetronic with the Minimed pump.

The MiniMed Silhouette and Dusetronics Tenders are EXACTLY the same
units, manufactured by the same company (Biersdorf) in Denmark. As a
matter of fact it's also sold under a different brand name, Pureline
Comforts (which is what I use). They are sold by Chronimed. All the same,
and can be used with either pump.

And also which
> one (Tender needle of Disetronic / Silhoutee of MiniMed ?) is more
> comfortable to you?

No difference (see above).

The minimed representative told me that I am not
> suitable for the soft-serter, because I am thin. Am I really need to be
> fatty before using the soft-serter? Do you get the soft-serter
> with the MiniMed pump when you buy it?

I don't think it's a question of using the Soft-serter, it's the SofSets
that are applied with it. They go straight in, unlike the others (listed
above), and can go through the layer of fat, penetrating muscle, which
leads to pain and a poor absorption of insulin. Not worth getting for
you, as for me.

> Also they say I cannot buy the cannulas and the connector sets
> separately (for Disetronic and MinMed both). But I will probably
> need much more number of catheters(needles) than that of the
> catheters(tubes)!

The Pureline Comfort sets can be bought in packages of 10 canula bases
with 5 hoses for a lower cost, or 10 of each at a higher cost. You may
want to contact Chronimed, or have your pharmacy or mail order supplier
contact them. They DO have a webpage, which you can likely find by
soing a search. I used to have it but can't find it right now. They
DO have an 800 number listed there, if I remember correctly.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42+ years, MM506 pump
send the next two lines in a message