Re: [IP] Re: Silhouette disconnecting

email @ redacted wrote:
> When I disconnect my Silhouette (to take a shower, etc.), I suspend my pump
> right after I disconnect. However, I've noticed that it takes about 0.3-0.4
> units until insulin starts flowing again from the tubing end when its time
> to reconnect.

That's why mpst people leave it running, it keeps the hose topped off.

Does anyone else do this? After reconnecting, do I also need
> to bolus any extra insulin to make sure that everything is flowing all
> through the infusion set?

No, it's best to assume the infusion set is full. Thing is, without the pump
pushing the insulin actively in it just sits there in the Teflon tube, possibly
slowly leaking in slightly. Adding insulin to the set after reconnecting is NOT
necessary or recommended, it's only the hose that may have lost some that
needs to be refilled.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42+ years, use MM506 insulin pump
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted