Re: [IP] About low blood sugars

email @ redacted wrote:
> How do you know when to change the batteries in your pump??  I have now been
> on the MiniMed 507 since May 14 and am still using the same batteries.  Sure
> hope it does'nt happen when I'm at work.  Am starting to get a little nervous.
> Should I just go ahead and change them?

No, MiniMed pumps detect when the battery power is running low and give an
alarm at that point. The screen will say "Low Bat" or such whenever you aren't
actively bolusing or punching in something. The low battery warning comes early,
somebody said they will hold out for about 9 days after that.

RELAX, the system is designed for use in real world conditions!

Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted