Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 11:24:44 EDT
From: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Enjoying the list/(square wave info)

In a message dated 6/11/98 11:14:21 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I would like
 to talk to someone on how to sit down and 4 pieces of pizza and not
 the high sugars several hours later. I know their is a way to do it
 bolus and temporary basal rate. The only books I have is the ones that
 got with my pump(minimed506) >>

You can use your MM506 to mimic a square wave bolus (a feature of the
507).  A
square wave extends the delivery of a bolus from 1/2 hour up to 4 hours.
There is a "howto" on using a 506 to mimic a square wave on the insulin
pumper's website.

Several members have reported needed anywhere from 1 hour up to 3 hours
the length of the square wave when eating pizza.  You will need to do a
experimentation, (ah, darn!) to find what time frame works best for you.
There is no "set rule" on this, it varies from person to person, and is
dependent on your metabolism.  If you need more help on this, feel free
email me (I wrote the howto).

Mary Jean
email @ redacted
send the next two lines in a message