Re: [IP] Accu-Chek Complete

Sam Skopp wrote:

> Sorry if this is a repeat (dimly recall a thread about this a while back).
> I got a free Accu-Chek Complete meter & 300 test strips from the local
> sales rep. They wanted me to test it and report back. I've been comparing
> it to my trusty One-Touch Profile and I'm really concerned about the
> readings. They have gone from 30 points below to 3 points above my Profile.
> These are readings taken at the same time with blood from the same poke.
> Basically, right now I just don't trust it... I know meters all read values
> a bit differently, but I would expect any meter to be relatively consistent
> within their own readings.
>
> I've also had two strips (out of 10) rejected with a "bad strip" message.
> That's a pretty high percentage. I called the company hot line and all they
> would say is: "if the test solutions test correctly, then the meter is
> accurate". It is interesting that the test solutions for both meters say
> the meters are working correctly. I've also called the sales rep, but no
> reply yet.
>
> Any other experiences out there? I wonder if I either got a bad meter or a
> bad lot of strips... or is this the way the Accu-Chek Complete works?
>
> Sam

> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Not to defend Accucheck, but the American Diabetes Association says that
a variation of +/- 20% is acceptable.

There are some meters that will typically read in a much tighter range
than that.

You must also take into account that some meters are calibrated to
report as whole blood, and some are calibrated to report as
plasma/serum.  Whole blood reads 12% lower than plasma/serum.  Most
doctors base their treatment on plasma/serum values.

Mike