Re: [IP] Silhouette disconnecting

Sam Skopp wrote:
> The only reason I suspended it was because this is what the CDE said to do.

Another "rule" falling by the wayside. Exeperience proves the CDE wrong.

> Would you still cap the end when it's not suspended? (I'd think you'd get
> "no delivery" alarms) I just get concerned about contamination when it's
> unplugged.

You won't get "no delivery" because the cap isn't sealed to the connector needle
as it is in a working base. It's just and open hole that goes right through
the cap, so it can freeflow through it if it actually put that much insulin
through it.

The best way to avoid contamination is to keep it pumping when disconnected.
A solidly filled needle (in the connector) is much harder for germs etc to
get into, particularly since the insulin has cresol, a very strong germ killer
in it.

Ted Quick
email @ redacted
Type 1 for 42 years, MM506 pump for 4.5, Comfort sets for 3.8 years
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted