Re: [IP] Silhouette disconnecting

Sam Skopp wrote:
> When I disconnect my Silhouette (to take a shower, etc.), I suspend my pump
> right after I disconnect. However, I've noticed that it takes about 0.3-0.4
> units until insulin starts flowing again from the tubing end when its time
> to reconnect. Does anyone else do this? After reconnecting, do I also need
> to bolus any extra insulin to make sure that everything is flowing all
> through the infusion set?

I don't turn it off when I take a shower. I just leave it running, that
way I can't forget to turn it back on. Also, do you put the connector higher
than the pump when you disconnect? I always put my pump on the bottom shelf
of the medicine cabinet in the bathroom with the connector aimed straight up
held by top of the door when it's closed on it. I also always check that
there's no air in the line before reconnecting, usually bolus at least .2
units and get insulin showing first.
Ted Quick
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted