Re: [IP] Disconnecting at Beach

email @ redacted wrote:

> Michael,
>
> Could you please review Lilly's insulin routine when she goes to the beach
> etc.
> and chooses to disconnect from her pump? I will try to print it out for
> furthur use later.
>
> Also-why can't you use plain old R in the pump instead of the buffered R?
>
> Thanks
>
> Judy C.
> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted

Some people do use plain-old "R" in the pump...I used to.  I think there
was some fear of a reaction between the insulin and the infusion set.

As far as disconnecting at the beac...I would recommend no more than an
hour off the pump.  Regular insulin tends to leave your system after
just a short while.  JUST BE CAREFUL!

Mike