Re: [IP] Endos

Hi Laurie,

I can really sympathize with how you are feeling right now.  I have seen
"the GP", "the Endo who didn't believe in pumps for anyone and didn't
care", "the Endo from hell" (I just fired that one Wednesday), etc.
Right now I am sitting in the same place as you -- looking for a good
new Endo who seems competent and cares!  Fortunately, I live in a big
city (Salt Lake City, Utah) and have a few more left to choose from.
Hopefully I will get lucky before I run out of names and/or options.

I called my insurance (HMO) office and asked if they had any
recommendations or referrals to Endos that would accept my insurance
plan.  They gave me about five names.  I then contacted the MiniMed rep
and asked him what he knew about those Endos.  Out of the five names --
two look very good, one looks OK and the others have been crossed off of
my list.  My CDE suggested that if one of these Endos doesn't work out
that I might start trying Internists.  This kind of procedure might work
for you in finding a new Endo.

Good luck in your search.

<< I really enjoy reading others posts about their endo.  I have a
woman, I
travel over3 hours to see every 3 months.  I am not sure after my last
visit if this is a working relationship.  I work very hard at trying to
keep my tests in her"circle" of 140.  My A1c was 6.6, but I had days
where my tests bounce around, and then there were highs that seemed to
pop up, for whatever reason.  Sometimes this is my fault for
underestimating the bolus, and sometimes not.  I do not like low sugars,
or gulcagon shots.  I have had two times needed a glucagon in the early
a.m.s and this is not my way of a fun evening "out".  I was told that I
am not doing a good job, and that there should not be so much
flucuations in my tests!  I am trying to keep the test in range, but I
test and bolus to bring the test down and it comes down, so now when I
have a bad test, I don't record it for the plain fact that she will tell
me I'm a bad diabetic.  This is not a win win situation.  I don't know,
but do any of you have tests that run a perfect 120 (or whatever your #
is) all day? everyday?  I have tried eating the same meal, doing
everything the same for three days, two days of great #'s and then the 3
day is crazy........starts high, goes low, and then settles in by
bedtime.  I was supposed to see her in July, and then her receptionist
called to say that the appt was changed to a date in Aug., one I can't
make.  I told her that, and now the new date is Oct. 20!??  I think this
lady is just toooooo busy, and I need to change.  I am not sure of how
to attack this, since I would like to see someone closer, but there is
not an endo closer.  I have heard there is a Dr pro pump closer, but he
is not an endo.  I will need to see someone, but I would like to have a
good diabetes Dr, whatever the case may be.  Who or what do you call for
N.Idaho physicians reference?  Thanks, Laurie B. >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted

"Sue's Plain Vanilla HomePage"