Re: [IP] top this one...

I too evaded a speeding ticket due to low blood sugar.  I was about 4
miles from my home on a back country road in Western Wisconsin, when my
bg decided to take a dive.  Being the "always perpared" person that I
am, I reach into my glove box for my bag of candy (hard candies).  Well
I fogot about all the extremely hot weather we had been having and was
horrified to see that the entire bag had melded into one giant glob.
Tried to peel the celophane wrapper off a piece, but gave up.  Put the
peddle to the medal and made tracks for home.  Oooops the nasty cherries
were flashing behind me a few minutes later.  Mr. Policeman asked me if
I was in a hurry.  Yes, I told him.  Then I told him why.  He brought me
back to his car, and gave me a roll of life savers.  I was crunching
them up faster than he could unwrap the roll.  He was nice enough not to
give me a ticket, followed me home to make sure I arrived safely, then
called my house a few hours later to make sure I was OK.  Above and
beyond the call of duty I'd say.

This all happended in the late 70's.  Not much for glucose tabs or dex
tabs on the store shelves back then.  Now I keep dex tabs everywhere
(They don't melt!!!).

Becky D.

--
Becky Draper