Re: [IP] Endos

> I know many folks who don't consult an endo for their diabetes and pump
> management. You may have some other options if you expand your search a bit
> to include non endos (but do look for a doctor who is willing to listen and
> work *with* you).

Lily and I are some of 'those people'. Her endo is very nice and
answers questions we have from time to time. Basically we just check
A1c's every three months and say hi. My objective is to have Lily
know everything necessary to manage for herself. To that end, I would
like her to be able to handle any situation thoughtfully. I have seen
her get up in the middle of the night and check high and then just go
down stairs and do an injection rather than take the risk of a set
not working properly. Sometimes she just changes it after a few highs
in a row. Good thinking for a teen! She still is reluctant to change
basal settings without discussing it. Hopefully she will soon do it
and then tell me rather than the other way around.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted