Re: [IP] The other side of the perfect endo (it's from Bob, so it's long ;-))

In a message dated 6/11/98 4:47:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted
writes:

<< Can anyone tell me about DBI ( Phenformin )?  My BGs are in *terrible*
 shape, but weren't *too* bad when I went to my internist this AM ( fasting
 BG - 116; HbA1c - 8.4, the lowest I've *ever* measured: 9.1 < A1c < 9.7
 before ).  Perhaps your DBI can control my BGs better?

Phenformin was taken off the market in the US.  Its cousin Metformin,
otherwise known as Glucophage, is available in the US.

Barbara B.