Re: [IP] additional info on alcohol...

In a message dated 6/11/98 11:36:06 AM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<<  I think that one of the best things that a parent of a
 diabetic adolescent can do is to make sure this information is available &
 understood by your child.  This is tough stuff - no one wants their kids to
 drink, but we all know it can happen at some point... in highschool,
 certainly in college, and sometimes long before.  Hopefully they choose NOT
 to make this choice, but if they do... it should be safe. >>

Another CDE I know has a session with her teen patients at prom and graduation
party time.  She warns them of the dangers, then gives them the option to make
their own choice knowing they will make their own choice.  Her caution is that
if they plan to drink, then they should promise to also eat a slice or two of
cheese pizza.  "We can fix the high BG later....but we can't fix you if you
are dead."  She knows, she has dealt with both.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted