Re: [IP] hey occifer...

On 11 Jun 98 at 14:49, email @ redacted wrote:

> But ya know, I have often wondered what would happen if I did do something
> naughty and got arrested.  Would they be able to take my meter away from me?
> What if my pump was almost empty.  What about my other medications.  Any one
> with experience with this.  What are our rights to proper medical care if we
> were to be arrested NOT THAT I AM MAKING ANY PLANS OR ANYTHING...

You'd be in big, big trouble.  They'd probably take away your meter,
your insulin, your glucose tabs and then forcibly remove your pump.
Then they'd put you in the cell and ignore you until sometime the
next day when they came to check on you...  There was an article
in one of the local papers last November or December  about a
diabetic who died in a jail in Missouri - the cops thought he was a
druggie when they picked him up on a traffic violation and just
tossed him in to "sleep it off."  When they checked on him six hours
later he was dead - then they noticed the medic-alert.  All they
could say was "he was resisting arrest..."

Randall Winchester