Re: [IP] Alcohol, your liver and BGs

In a message dated 6/10/98 7:33:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I know Barbara feels strongly about this. I suspect she's seen diabetics
 die in the Emergency Room, due to massive hypoglycemia compounded by
 heavy drinking. Such things are possible. We all have our own attitudes
 and responses to alcohol. >>

John....nice description of the physiological mechanisms in this regard.  Yes,
I have seen and am aware of diabetes-alcohol related deaths that were totally
unnecessary, if the individual had only been educated!!!!  So sad!  And some
of these people were well educated professionals who did not take the time to
learn about this or were reluctant to bring up the issue.  And they were not
heavy drinkers. Don't hide your life-stlye habits from your educator...it
could save your life.  We don't all act like major judgmental authority
figures (but even I know a few who do act that way).  And, John, I personally
enjoy wine with dinner, also, so I must have given you the impression that I
am a tea-toting prohibitionist.  I am not.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted