[IP] Re: Help with infusion

Megan woke up three times to pee in the night last night. Tested at 4 am bg of
527!! Changed the set-again after only a day. Blood all over the tape-inject 2
units of Humalog-surprisingly enough-no ketones.

We are using the Rapids which is an 8mm needle that stays in place with IV300
tape under the set and over the set. Most of the time she bleeds and you can
see blood in the tubing after only 1 day. Could not tolerate Silouettes-
cannula would crimp after a day or two. Megan is very skinny. Same problem
with the sofsets.

Any suggestions from the group? Even though I am not paying for my infusion
sets I feel it is very expensive to change the sets everyday. We are currently
putting them in the upper hip area-the only place she has any fat.

Also-Mini-med IS developing an infusion set for leaner people but they told me
it would take 12-15 months to put it out on the market. If anyone wopuld like
to get on the band wagon to speed it up-if possible? Please call Alan Haubbach
at Mini-Med. He is the product manager for the infusion sets!

Thanks for any help you could give!

Judy C.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted