Re: [IP] Another Newbie with questions

Hi, Cindy:

Glad you are over your NPTSS depression!

I don't suspend when I have a low BG.  I eat to compensate.

I do mostly label reading and carb estimation based on portions.  I did get
an inexpensive scale, but I don't carry it around with me.

They started my on Humalog, so I've had no experience with Velosulin.

> From: Cindy Arrowood <email @ redacted>
> Date: Saturday, June 06, 1998 12:55 AM
Hello to all. I wanted to announce my pump birthday-May 26th, 1998. So far,

Laurel, if you read this, I was feeling a weird depression thing for the
first week too. Better now.

Now some newbie questions:
1) Does one typically suspend the pump when BG drops?
2)Anybody out there manage OK with just carb counting and label reading, as
opposed to weighing? If so, any tips (ie: I know I read somewhere something
like "one serving is as much as you can hold in your hand" or something
doofy like that)
3)I was started on Velosulin. Anyone out there doing OK on it (I know
Humalog is all the rage, but I had never been on it, and we were worried
about more Hypos)? I would especially like to hear from anyone who was on H
and switched back to V.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted