Re: [IP] Alcohol, your liver and BGs

In a message dated 6/8/98 1:00:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted

<< Can any of the medical professionals on the list clarify this at all? I'd
 really like to understand the process a bit better and I'm in over my head
The liver is the main detoxification warehouse for the body.  When it is busy
detoxing alcohol it DOES NOT breakdown stored glycogen to glucose to raise
BGs, if that is also what is needed.  It seems that detox has a higher
priority. Poor old liver is very much like most of us, it can't do two jobs at
once very efficiently. So., Bob, you aren't far off the mark with your
explanation.  The actual physiological process is much more detailed, but this
basically, sums it up.

Barbara B.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted