lab with lots of different kinds of tubing, and I have never seen one so
resistanct to kink as that which comes with the silhouette infusion sets.
(I now use all the extras in the lab!!)

<<<<<Date: Sat, 06 Jun 1998 11:51:58 -0400
From: Bob Burnett <email @ redacted>
Subject: Re: [IP] No delivery

At 12:32 PM 6/5/98 -0400, Warren wrote:

>I do not use Minimed pump I have Disetronic but I have had trouble with
>receiving only part of a bolus. Talked to tech rep who advised that
>sometimes the infusion set will shrink and then the insulin does not flow
>well. If this happens you should probably change your infusion

This is the first time I've heard that infusion sets may "shrink". Were
there any more details given you about this problem? Does this shrinkage
happen only after the tubing has been used for X number of days? Is this a
problem that happens only with one particular type of insulin, or have they
noticed it with Regular, Humalog and Velosulin?

Wayne Mitzner
615 N. Wolfe St.
Baltimore, MD 21205
Tel. 410 614 5446