Re: [IP] Hail Hail

>In a message dated 6/7/98 10:20:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><< email @ redacted (Darrin Parker) >>
>Well said.  Your post made me cry.  Brought back a lot of memories of my Mom
>whose Type2 complications did her in in Dec 95.

Thanks for the positive feedback, Barbara! :)

What bothers me are parents who put all faith in "successful" diabetes
therapy and deny the possible endings.  I worry about what they put in
their kids' heads.  I have been very active in corresponding with parents
of diabetic kids as I don't think kids can speak freely to their parents.

It seems many still miss my point.  Perhaps I'm not articulate enough.
It's not the diabetes mgt that's so bad - it's that dying form diabetes is
*as bad* as dying form any other disease.  Guess it's the denial thing:  If
it ain't gonna happen tomorrow; I aint gonna prepare for it.  (or somehting
along those lines).

Sorry to hear about your Mom.  That's too bad.  Hopefully she will be among
the last to go that way.  I know what it's like for you as I recent;y lost
my father.  I often wish i could live to be as old as he was though! ;-)

Take care, Barbara.

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go