[IP] Requesting endos in Richmond, VA area

Here's a question that's very geographic-specific. I just talked to my sis-in-law and found that my brother (type II, uses insulin, and only tests very occasionally) has decided to ignore his diabetes because nothing he does makes a difference, anyway. He lives in Farmville, VA (I bet you all have been to that busy metropolis) and has been seeing a general practitioner who says diet doesn't really have much to do with diabetes! He's only about one hour away from Richmond, and has Blue Cross/Blue Shield insurance. Can anyone recommend a good endo in that vicinity? It's very hard to try and educate via long distance!  Thanks for any help!