Re: [IP] Waiting to see an endo

On Sun, 7 Jun 1998, Darrin Parker wrote:

> > My point is that you can probably eliminate daytime
> >"N" if you want to and just use it to cover your sleep period. If you
> >want to go to the hassle of 3 insulins, you could use "H" for meals, "R"
> >for daytime basals and "N" for night. That would get you as close as you
> >can probably get to pumping and free you from daytime nph problems.
> Since the list is slow today; I'll be lazy and just use it to respond:
> Thanks for the siggestion, Micheal.  I am on three insulins now.  However I
> never thought of using teh medium-acting R for 8 hour basals!  Have to
> think for a while now, thanks again!
Hope you didn't misunderstand me, Gotta use R every 4-5 hours to make
this work. 3-4 if your basal requirements ramp up, 5 or more if they are
ramping down. Still, it works well for the one case I have personal
experience with.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted