Re: [IP] highs after infusion set changes

On Sat, 6 Jun 1998 email @ redacted wrote:

> First John, thanks for the info about the 2.5 priming bolus.  I'll check that

Priming bolus is 0.7u for Silihoutte, Tender, Comfort set
> next time.  Kayla is using the 506 only temporarily.  Our ins. co. agreed to
> start with a 6week rental then follow with a purchase if Kayla still wanted
> the pump.  Reasonable to me.  But MiniMed would only rent a 506, saying they
> didn't rent 507's.  Once we get a Keeper, it will be the newer 507c model.

The only fundamental difference between the 506 and 507 is the square
bolus which isn't as much use to kids except occasionally (pizza) and can
be easily simulated with temp basal rate as described in website howto's.

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted