[IP] Re:

On  6 Jun 98 at 6:30, Dorothy Braker wrote:

> This disease can make you horribly angry, and the
> anger does nothing to help you, and can actually HURT you in the long run,
> through no other affect but in raising the resistance to insulin...
> I know it's terribly upsetting sometimes, but as it's a 24-hour disease,
> concentration on preventing things from happening, and then moving on with a
> GOOD life is the key to happiness!

The key is to look around us, take stock of the situation, agree that
it isn't much fun...  then to remember that in this group we have a
lot of fun people, some very good people, and a couple of us
oddballs...  and we seem to help each other even though very few of
us have ever actually seen each other.

I remember a phrase from my "preacher training" - we have our
relationship with God and our relationships with the people around
us.  Everything else is just temporary.  What really matters is how
we build those relationships...   (even with that kind of training,
I'd still like a larger sailboat!)   So we keep ourselves in decent
shape so we can live as close to normal lives as possible and spend
more energy on what really matters...

And we turn to each other, to others who really understand and can
share the pain and diffuse the anger.  And then when someone has good
results we turn to the same group where celebration can be shared and

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted