Re: [IP] why why why

On  4 Jun 98 at 20:12, email @ redacted wrote:

> Some one please tell me again why we bother to even try to take good
> care of ourselves...I keep forgetting...especially when my F***ING eye
> bleeds again.  I have been doing logs, charting and measuring, and I
> haven't had headboard banging sex or any other rigorous exercise in over
> a year.  I was just sitting here, minding my own business, when BAM -
> my worst bleed yet!

Why?  Well I guess everyone has to have a hobby?  For many of us the
damage was done before we started pumping...  all that pumping seems
to do is slow things down or stabilize things a bit...  But we still
keep on going - kind of like voting - if I don't vote I don't get to
complain about the jerks in office...  If I don't take good care of
myself then I don't get to complain about all the junk we have to go
through each day.  But since I do attempt to keep a handle on things
I get to say "diabetes sucks" (despite years of theological training
and pastoral experience) because it is true.

> I had errands to do today, and my GOD what a trauma!  not only are tehyre
> uneven sidewalks, unruly crowds, badly lit menu boards, small print on the
> USPS forms and on the deposit slips at the bank, but the damn sun was shining
> real bright!  Then I literally almost ran into a man with a white cane coming
> out of the Fox TV building - it was so sad. it made me burst into tears, and
> then I really couldn't see.
> Don't be fooled folks.  The pump will NOT prevent complications, it will
> NOT make all parts of your life easier, it will NOT make having good control
> the answer to ANY problem.  and to top it off, even if you are diong
> everything you are supposed to, you still live under the shadow of the

Yup - and I drive forty miles each morning to work and forty miles
back each evening... and I live under the shadow of becoming a greasy
spot on the front of a semi truck too...  So despite living in the
edge of "tornado alley", living almost on top of the New Madrid fault
in prime earthquake country, the constant threat of all kinds of
calamity...  I decide to do my best and complain about the rest...

Hang in there - we're all in the same leaky boat and there's a
waterfall ahead and an idiot in a bass boat with a 1000 horsepower
motor on the back headed for us a 80 mph...  So lets just sing some
silly camp song and hang on for the ride...   at least we won't be

Randall Winchester

* misunderstood something.
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted