Re: [IP] Not allowed to see an endo about a pump for 5 months

Darrin Parker wrote:
> Unfortunately in Canada this is illegal.  People cannot "choose" to pay in
> order to see who they wish for healthcare.  This is illegal 'cause it is
> considered discrimination against those who cannot afford to pay for faster
> or better healthcare.  The result is that those who do have the money go to
> the US for their major medical care.

Wow! Is that really so? You're saying it's illegal for a doctor to offer
medical advice to a patient in return for money, at a time and place
which suits them both? Who elects the governments that make these rules?

Yes, there must be a safety net to help those who have little money. But
in practice that makes up a small part of the population. More important
is the choice we have over how we spend our money. Some chose nice
holidays, others fancy cars, others extra tution for their children. Why
shouldn't you be allowed to purchase medical advice?

mailto:email @ redacted

send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted