Re: [IP] Feeling Sorry:Cancer vs IDM

>And I've been in DKA in ICU 4 times and I'd still take this
>one over some others.  Just my thoughts.
>Judy P.

No argument here about diabetes mgt versus many other hideous diseases!
The point is when I talk to 24 year old's who are on a waiting list for
their thrid kidney transplant I feel their situation is as bad as another
24 year old who is in and out of the cancer centre.  Diabetes mgt is easy
compared to many other diseases and treatments as long as it's just
diabetes mgt we're talking about and not the mutilple organ failures that
are so prevalent among us.

Could be more opyimistic but days like this one when my bg's are 20-25 all
day really put me in a foul mood.  Some days insulin just doesn't seem to
work.  Probably catching a cold....

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go