[IP] My Two Cents

I have been reading several posts about how this disease "sucks" and that many
of you think we are doomed to have a shortened life span.  I think every
diabetic at some point in time with their disease has feelings of anger,
depression, hopelessness.  These are understandable feelings.  I know there
are worse things in life to have.  Maybe I am looking at life through rose
colored glasses, but I don't think we are all sentenced to a shorter life or
that we will all get complications.  I personally know some diabetics that
have had type 1 diabetes well over 50 years and they are still going strong
with no diabetic complications.  Their only complaint is that they are just
down right getting "old."

I know for me personally I plan to live a very long time, as long as a healthy
person without diabetes.  I will live each day to its fullest and not dwell on
unhappy thoughts.  I hope I am not the only one who thinks this way.  If I am
so be it.

Cindy (type 1 diabetes 19+ years, no complications)
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted