Re: [IP] Feeling Sorry

> Diabetis is bad, no question,
>but I do thank God that that is all that he has

The quality of life context in which (IMO) people should look at diabetes
is the end results.  Look at the last 10 years of life for someone with
advanced multiple complictaions.  This is *as bad* as any disease can be
(in an adult).  Taking care of yourself will improve your odds but that's
all.  It's still teh luck of the draw as far as complications go.  Enjoy
the quality time!

AS I grow older I realize I was dead wrong to believe that it is possible
to order chronic diseases in a "What I'm thankful I don't have" list.

Just the other day a friend's brother-in-law died from diabetes.  He had
been type I for about 25 years.  An horrible, extended five year death of
pain, kidney, eye, lung and heart failures.

Unfortunately I never dwelled on this until I got on the net and realized
that 8/10 long-term (20 years +) diabetics I've run into had moderate to
advanced complications.  The really sad thing is that most took the best
care of themselves that they could wiht teh information they had.  Until
the interent became poopular; most were on teh same old 1 or 2 injection
per day routine as I was!  Forget about carb counting or even ACE inhibitor

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go
FORWARD to "The Article".