Re: [IP] Feeling Sorry

>Hello everyone,
>When I was younger, I felt depressed, wanted to be "normal" etc.
>I know that Diabetes sucks and it's hard to control blood sugars and
>lots of other things. I've been there. But there is a time when you have
>to face reality. There are far worse things in this world than Diabetes.
>Cancer,AIDS, and so on. Let's stop feeling sorry for ourselves. To me
>it's depressing. Let's enjoy life and live like tomorrow could be our
>last day.

I agree with you Tanya (to an extent).  There's always someone worse off
than you.  I have always tried to remember that.

\One thing to consider is that the only reason Cancer and AIDs may be
considered "worse" than diabetes is that they can kill you more quickly.
otherwise I don't see much of a difference.  Advanced multiple
complications of Diabetes is just as bad as any other disease excpt death
isn;t as quick and as the DCC showed; *excellent* control will only reduce
the frequency of complications by an average of about 60%.  Not 100% or
even 90%.

Like you say though; everyone, diabetic or not, should be thankful for
whatever we do get out of life!

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go