RE: [IP] Not allowed to see an endo about a pump for 5 months

I am sorry to hear this Darrin.  I live in Ontario and had no problems what
so ever.  I took a bit of a different route though.  I contacted the rep.
Closest to me (minimed) and I already knew that insurance would cover it.  I
had talked to my nurses at the hospital and they were the first ones to
suggest it.  Without talking to my endo I ordered the pump and after getting
it and looking it over I phoned the endo.  She was extremely great about it.
She thought it was great that I was doing this.  It did not take long to get
in to see her.  What took the longest was an appointment for the pump
training.  I live in Kingston and it was going to take a month so I drove 1
1/2 hours to Ottawa.  I am sorry to hear that they are giving you a hard
time.  Don't give up.
Darla