[IP] Not allowed to see an endo about a pump for 5 months

As some may recall; I've been researching pumps on the net for a year and
have been Type I for 25 years.  Upon going to my local endo last month to
get a RX for a pump trial; he refused and told me pupms are "on their way
out as the medical commmunity is trying to get all pumpers back on MDI".

I was told there was *one* endo in eastern Canada who sees pupm patients
and that an apt. would be made for me to discuss the issue wiht him.

I got a call today for an apt.  It's in October!  I asked in early May!  I
beleive they're just trying to discourage me from pursuing this crazy idea.

Anyone else have to wait 5 months to see an endo for a simple fact-finding

Guess I'll have to figure a way to by-pass the docs.  As it is now I've
been forced to give up exercise becuase of the UltraLente peaking at the
same time I have avail. to exercise.  Guess I'll also have to put up with
the 15-25 mmol/l bg's in the am too.

The only reaosn I wanted to try a pump, at least for a few months, was to
avoid wondering in the future whether there had been any way to achieve
better control!  Starting to look like I'll never know.

My next step will be considering moving (down the road) to a jursidiction
where there  are more endos to choose from and hopefully soem pro-pump ones.

Darrin Parker
email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!

Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm  and go
FORWARD to "The Article".