Re: [IP] FastTake reading lower than Profile

Hi Ellen,

I also use both the "Fast Take" and "Profile" meters.  I have done
several side by side tests with them and found that the "Fast Take" is
always higher than the "Profile".  This is the way it should be.

As far as standards go ... I have been told that most labs consider a
10% to 20% variance to be normal.

<< After running the control solutions on each machine etc, and
determining that
everything was falling within range, we still got lower readings on the
FastTake then on the Profile 8/9 times.

Yesterday Lifescan arranged for me to pick up a new meter (FastTake)
and they are sending me a return envelope for the possibly defective old

After programming the second FastTake, my 10 year old was willing to do
separate pokes on different fingers.  Again, the FastTake read lower
than the

The question is, are any of these meters accurate?  What are the
standards for
allowing them to go on the market?

Ellen >>

		If your Bible is in good shape ...