[IP] JDF Conference

...Just wanted to let you all know that my husband and I are leaving today for
the annual JDF conference in Washington DC...Tomorrow we'll be on Capitol
Hill, meeting with Congressmen regarding diabetes research funding, and Friday
and Saturday we'll be attending workshops about fund-raising & research
updates...There will also be exhibitors displaying their "wares" this
afternoon, so hopefully I'll have LOTS of exciting information to report back
when we get home on Sunday....And tonight, we have the honor of accepting our
friends' award for being THE #1 FAMILY TEAM IN THE USA for the JDF WALK last
year (they raised an amazing $50,000)...And since my own child's kidney
improvement mirrors the findings of a JDF-sponsored "diabetic nephropathy in
children" research study at McGill University, you better believe those
research dollars mean A LOT to our family!!!.....
send the next two lines in a message
to the e-mail address: email @ redacted