Re: [IP] new list member

Hi Kathy,

Most of us never heard about the "Fast Take" meter until a week or two
ago.  It is that new.  I haven't seen it in the stores yet but several
people on this list, including myself, have gotten one directly from
Lifescan.

I can sympathize with you on the depression -- it seems to go along with
the diabetes.  A month or two ago the ADA publication "Diabetes
Forecast" had an article about it.  The article said that a higher
percentage of diabetics suffer from depression than the percentage of
the general population.  I know that I have been dealing with it since
about 1990.

About the MiniMed upgrade program ... I found out about it from talking
with a MiniMed rep.  You can call MiniMed at (800)933-3322  or check out
their website at http://www.minimed.com/.

Good luck.

<< Hi I just joined this list last week and have already learned a lot.
For instance I hadn't even heard of the Fast Take until reading it here.
I am looking forward to reading more and hoping to be able to
contribute. I have been diabetic for 21 years and pumping for about 41/2
years. Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of  "down time" and just
started taking medication for it . I found it reassuring that when I
came to this list I found others who also were dealing with depression.
I am hoping having all this information will motivate me to gain more
control over my blood sugars and allow me to start feeling better.  I
also have a question for whoever can help. I read in one of the digests
over the weekend a mention that MiniMed has a upgrade policy and I am
interested in knowing more about that. I have a MiniMed 506 pump and
would like to get the 507 because I think I would especially like the
backlit display.
       Keep Up the Good Work!!!   Kathy Boruff  >>

--

		If your Bible is in good shape ...
		Your life probably isn't!

E-Mail - mailto:email @ redacted

"Sue's Plain Vanilla HomePage"
http://www.inconnect.com/~sue/

Most of us never heard about the "Fast Take" meter until a week or two
ago.  It is that new.  I haven't seen it in the stores yet but several
people on this list, including me, have gotten one directly from