[IP] Tonya, Frustrated again!

    Heh, Tonya
        I'm the one with all the basal rate changes, BarbG. You may
need to change your ratios for your carbs. Mine still change from time
to time. These bodies of ours can at times be soooo complex! Try not
to panic or get frustrated when things change around for you!!!! All
we can do,is the best we can do. That's all!!!!!! Some high sugars
will not give you complications, unless it's for a long, long time.
one or more days doesn't matter that much. You may feel lousy during
those times, but the PERMANENT damage will not be done. You CAN do it,
girl!! You're doing all you know how to do, no one can BLAME you!! You
don't have to blame YOU!  Think of it as an ocean. The water moves
back and forth at low and high tide, but sometimes there is a storm,
and the waves start to get bigger. But, they don't STAY huge!!! They
Do eventually calm down, and the ocean is at rest again. We would all
like to have a quiet LAKE of diabetes, with no wind, just calm water,
moving slowly, but not hurricane force. (*Maybe I should have used s
better metaphor, but you know what I mean, right?)
      Bye for now. Remember, you are not alone! ;-))
          Barb G

---insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted> wrote:

> insulin-pumpers-digest     Saturday, May 30 1998     Volume 02 :
Number 327

> Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:49:51 +0000
> From: "Michael" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] what do I do with this thing
>
> > I am scheduled for surgery in July.  What do I do with this
pump?!?  I
> > am scheduled to see my endo. right before the surgery so he can
give me
> > specific directions BUT I want you guys to tell me first :-)  I am
going
> > to have a laproscopy for endometriosis (sp?)  Won't all that messing
> > with my abdomen area effect the pump or the insulin intake?!?!?
> > Knowledge is the key to conquering fear!  Thanks for your
> > help!                                               -Tonya D.  :-)
> Hah! get written instructions from SARA :-))), better yet, take her
> with you, she'll scare 'em to death.
> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 01:59:33 -0400
> From: Darrin Parker <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] I am a PERSON, not just a diabetic
>
> This is one of the two main reasons why I want the pump.  Being on MDI
> means having an umbilical cord bwteen me and my supplies.  Being
extremely
> stressed, busy and having no "daily routine" makes me feel like I'm
> dragging a chain and ball.
>
> Often I forget a bottle or syringe and then cope by rebelling.  I'd
feel
> much better about myself and much more free if not for having to
remember
> to drag 3 bottles of insulin, syringes, pen etc etc.  I know I'd take
> better care of myself with a better self-image and the freedom.
>
> Unfortunately my type I endo gets along well on MDi so he says I
should too. :(

> >On 29 May 98 at 12:10, email @ redacted wrote:
> > It is nice to be able to be "Mary Jean, the
> >> quilter, cabin builder, internet junkie, wife, mom, daughter,
sister,
> >> volunteer, gardener, avid reader, dog lover, bird watcher,
contemporary jazz
> >> fan, sports car driver, little league baseball scorekeeper, Green
Bay
> >>Packers
> >> fan, lover of logic problems, collector of folk art chickens, and
> >>insulin pump
> >> evangelist" again, instead of "Mary Jean, the diabetic".
> >
> >That is one of the great things about pump therapy - it lets us get
> >our identities back... as people instead of walking medical
> >conditions...
>
> Darrin Parker
> email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!
>
> "Silence is a lie.  Silence has a loud voice.  It shouts, 'Nothing
> important is happening -- don't worry.' So, when something important
IS
> going on, silence is a lie."  -A.M. Rosental
>
> Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm
and go
> FORWARD to "The Article".

> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 02:07:11 -0400
> From: Darrin Parker <email @ redacted>
> Subject: Re: [IP] School and pumping
>
> >Can somebody please help me.  I am having trouble with Spencer not
being
> >supervised during his lunch time test and bolus.  The endo nurse
called
> >the school nurse and she even wrote a letter to the school explaining
> >that he would need to be watched the rest of the school year.
Well, he
> >has already missed 2 bolus' this week and it is really beginning to
tick
> >me off.  I am tempted to call the school and tell them he won't be
> >coming in the last 3 1/2 days of school, because he isn't getting
what
> >his diabetes is requiring.  Any suggestions on what I should do?
>

> I have seen many similar threads.  It seems the ADA guarentees the
right
> for disabled kids (yep, we qualify as disabled under this act) to take
> advantage of the public school system.  In cases where the parnets
can't
> get good cooperation form the school they usually write a letter to
the
> school board quoting the appropriate paragraph form the ADA and
threatening
> a lawsuit for "neglect of care".
>
> Seems to bring results!  Good luck, Lisa.
>
> BTW:  Here we do  not have school nurses.  I don;'t know how old
Spencer is
> but myself and most other kids were on our own for diabtes mgt by
age 9
> anyway.
>

> Darrin Parker
> email @ redacted   Nova Scotia, Canada!
>
> "Silence is a lie.  Silence has a loud voice.  It shouts, 'Nothing
> important is happening -- don't worry.' So, when something important
IS
> going on, silence is a lie."  -A.M. Rosental
>
> Check out:  http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4750/intro.htm
and go
> FORWARD to "The Article".

> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 23:03:21 -0700
> From: email @ redacted (Janine Shea)
> Subject: [IP] Sara is my role model (was:what do I do with this thing)
>
> >> I am scheduled for surgery in July.  What do I do with this
pump?!?  <snip>
>  -Tonya D.  :-)
>
> Michael wote:
> >Hah! get written instructions from SARA :-))), better yet, take her
> >with you, she'll scare 'em to death.
>

> Okay,  I need to book you to come to surgery with me too,  Sara.  I
don't
> know when it will be (early fall, I imagine) but I think I would be
willing
> to spring for the plane ticket in order to have some help in
convincing the
> doctors to leave some area below my waist that is not scar tissue!
(I found
> out today I need to have a tumor removed from my ovary, either by
> laproscopy or the C-section type thing).
>
> The bizarre thing is that my first thought was that I was going to
lose
> potential pump site acreage but the doctor thought I was worried about
> future fertility!  Ha!
>
> I hadn't got as far as thinking about my pump, but I will probably
wear it
> above my waist on the opposite side.
>
> Janine
> type 1, 18 years
> pump, 13 years  =>>> in need of    m o r e   pump sites, not less  :')
>
> - -----------------------
> Vancouver, BC, Canada
> email @ redacted
>
> http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/mappa_mundi

> send the next two lines in a message
> info
> end
> to the e-mail address: email @ redacted
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 03:30:24 -0500
> From: Rhonda Tyo <email @ redacted>
> Subject: RE: [IP] Redness at Site
>
> - ------ =_NextPart_000_01BD8B7B.4BF30D20
>

> Becky,
> I will probably get it for this one, but here goes.....Barb is MY
CDE, =
> and she is everything and MORE that you see here... Just had to let
you =
> guys know what a gem she is....She Is more than a CDE...she is also
such =
> a good friend and cares so much about her patients.....Sorry Barb,
but =
> you KNOW how I feel...She's the best.......and on another subject,
can't =
> remember who wrote about a "personality" change....MAN, did mine
change =
> after going on the pump.......I think everyone is adjusting to the
new =
> me after 2 years...I look at it this way......I'm the NEW AND "MUCH" =
> BETTER MODEL......thank goodness for the pump...!!!!!!!...sorry so =

=== message truncated ===