 From: email @ redacted <email @ redacted>
On Behalf Of Robert Braunstein
Sent: Friday, July 5, 2019 10:15 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Insulin Resistance

Ive been a T1 diabetic for 37 Years and on a pump for 23 Years using Humalog.

 Starting at age 16 I started becoming very brittle with huge swings in my Blood
Sugars with no discernable pattern. Even after I was on the pump I still had the
swings but they were more controllable.

 Over the last few years it seems my body is taking a long time to react to my
Boluses. Approximately 10 months ago, I switched to the Dexcom G6 CGM because
the Minimed CGM did not give me good information to make immediate adjustments.
The trend I am seeing is that no matter what I eat for meals within 10 minutes
my Blood Sugar jumps very high.

 For example last Friday my Blood sugar prior to breakfast was 67. My typical
breakfast on weekdays is 2 pop tart pastries with a total of 70 carbs I bloused
10 minutes before eating. Within 5  10 minutes my Blood Sugar was up to 190 and
by 20 minutes in the 250s. Usually my Blood Sugar does not start decreasing
until approximately 4 hours after the Bolus. I have noticed also a
4 hour time after doing a correction for high sugar for my body to react.
 Since Humalog has about a 4 hour life the thought of insulin resistance came to
my mind.

 Since there is no endo near me I have been asking my primary care doctor
regarding Insulin Resistance if it could be a possibility and is there some sort
of test or way to determine if this is happening.

The answer I got is basically not sure if there is one for T1 Diabetes.

 Also I was referred to their Pharmacist who supposedly is an expert on Insulin,
pumps, & CGM she was not familiar with the Dexcom CGM, but only wit the Minimed
cgm. She is trying to blame it on Saturated fats because I eat Pop Tarts for
Breakfast. Most my meals have very little fat and Pop Tarts are my only vice.

 I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues and what if any
thing was suggested. One thing I am considering is changing Insulin to Fiasp
because it has a faster active start. But I am concerned because I have been on
Humalog for a very long time.

Sent from Mail<https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10 .
 Donate with every purchase http://smile.amazon.com/ (select your charity =
Insulin Pumpers)