Re: [IP] Insulin Resistance

Suggestion.For a week try 1 egg and 1 toast. Less carbs, and see if you rise
as fast. Also how long after you wake do you eat breakfast?B B

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Fri, Jul 5, 2019 at 9:19 PM, Robert
Braunstein<email @ redacted> wrote:   Ive been
a T1 diabetic for 37 Years and on a pump for 23 Years using
Humalog.

Starting at age 16 I started becoming very brittle with huge swings in my
Blood Sugars with no discernable pattern.B  Even after I was on the pump I
still had the swings but they were more controllable.

Over the last few years it seems my body is taking a long time to react to my
Boluses. Approximately 10 months ago, I switched to the Dexcom G6 CGM because
the Minimed CGM did not give me good information to make immediate
adjustments. The trend I am seeing is that no matter what I eat for meals
within 10 minutes my Blood Sugar jumps very high.

For example last Friday my Blood sugar prior to breakfast was 67. My typical
breakfast on weekdays is 2 pop tart pastries with a total of 70 carbs I
bloused 10 minutes before eating. Within 5 10 minutes my Blood Sugar was up
to 190 and by 20 minutes in the 250s. Usually my Blood Sugar does not start
decreasing until approximately 4 hours after the Bolus.B  I have noticed also
4 hour time after doing a correction for high sugar for my body to react.
Since Humalog has about a 4 hour life the thought of insulin resistance came
to my mind.

Since there is no endo near me I have been asking my primary care doctor
regarding Insulin Resistance if it could be a possibility and is there some
sort of test or way to determine if this is happening.

The answer I got is basically not sure if there is one for T1 Diabetes.

Also I was referred to their Pharmacist who supposedly is an expert on
Insulin, pumps, & CGM she was not familiar with the Dexcom CGM, but only wit
the Minimed cgm. She is trying to blame it on Saturated fats because I eat
Pop
Tarts for Breakfast. Most my meals have very little fat and Pop Tarts are my
only vice.

I am wondering if anyone else has experienced similar issues and what if any
thing was suggested.B  One thing I am considering is changing Insulin to
Fiasp
because it has a faster active start. But I am concerned because I have been
on Humalog for a very long time.

(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)