Re: [IP] Medtronic Hacking Issue????

 Folks,
As Michael stated, this recall is more about killing the private looping
business, which is what they are calling "hacking" versus a concern for safety
of diabetics due to legitimate hacking. The legitimate hacking concerns would
be more towards the 630, 670 and Tslim X2, though the technical facts and
considerations are so difficult and physical proximity requirement so
restrictive that to be concerned about it would be a real waste of energy. If
they kill the private looping folks, they have to come to one of the
corporations. Actually had this discussion this morning with my Endo and CDE,
their opinion was 100% the same.
Mike
    On Tuesday, July 2, 2019, 01:48:13 PM EDT, michael
<email @ redacted> wrote:

 Every pump that has a remote is hackable. Medtronic has recalled the
ones that are used with the popular Reily Loop system. Doesn't take a
brain surgeon to figure out why they might do that.

> Anyone have valid information on what Medtronic pumps and what
> versions are involved with this possible "hacking issue"?B  I have
> talked to three different people at Medtronic and gotten three
> different answers.B  I have a spare MM722 that I use as a backup. It is
> Version 2.4A and the last gal at Minimed told me that it was only 508
> pumps with a version less than 2.4 were part of the hacking scare so
> mine would not qualify.B  Anyone know if this information is correct or
> not?
>

> Steve
> .
(select your charity = Insulin Pumpers)