[IP] Chest Pain and 530G Pump

 I have been wearing a pump for 17 years. I have always worn it in my bra. I
have also run or walked fast with it there for all those years. For the last
several years I have had significant chest pain radiating out from the sternum.
It has been diagnosed as costochondritis which is essentially an arthritis of
the ligaments in the chest. There is no test for it other than prodding the
chest to see where it hurts. I have discussed this with my doctors if it could
be from the pump, especially since I do wear it with sensors and have since they
have been available. They think not. I am skeptical. It is radiating on a lesser
scale than a phone. I donbt think we have seen consequences from cell phones
next to the ear and in menbs pockets. Anybody have anything like that?

 My pump went into Button Error in late May. MM sent me a loaner for three
months. I was almost at the 5 year expiration under Medicare of my pump anyway
so I was prime to get a new pump. Of course Medicare would not approve a 530G
thus my secondary would not pay for that pump. I found I was able to buy the
loaner. The price was $1895 minus $500 for the turned in, non-functioning pump.
I got a 10% discount for paying for it all at once on a credit card and ended up
paying $1255. It came with a two year warranty on it.

Jean Roseman