RE: [IP] Airline Travel with T1D

That's a good article.   I don't need to travel internationally, but domestic
flights haven't been a problem for me.  Preparation helps.   When I put my
allowable carry-on liquids in a quart ziploc, I put my pump remote and CGM
receiver in another quart ziploc, and requested that both ziplocs be hand
screened.   I pointed out the location on my person of my pod and transmitter.
I have always flown with a service dog and they can't go through the body
scanner, so I requested the metal detector and pat-downs for both of us.   If
going through the metal detector separately doesn't trigger any alarms, it's
rare that we even got a pat-down.   My hands would be swabbed for explosives
and we'd be on our way.   My service dog flies with the angels now <sniff>,
but I don't expect any problems following the same protocol with TSA.   As to
pump performance, it may help that mine is Omnipod so disconnecting isn't even
a temptation.   I just watch my numbers and my snacks, and try to take action
before any highs or lows get hard to manage.   Traveling is stressful for me
whether I'm driving or flying, but I haven't noticed that one is much worse
than the other on my T1D management.

Melody

> Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 15:45:28 +0000
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] Airline Travel with T1D
>
> Here is another collaboration between MedPage Today and AACE:
>
> http://www.medpagetoday.com/MeetingCoverage/ADA/58575
>
>  I fall into the category of not choosing to fly. It is just too much of a
> hassle. I like being in control and if I need to travel, I will drive.
Traveling