[IP] User name and password and how to respond

 <<<<Says I need a username and password, though I do not recall setting one
up>>>

You actually did when you joins insulin-pumpers.
Username: your email address you used to sign up with.
Password: pumper (all lowercase).

<<<Do I reply to these entries just to be responding to this email>>>

 If I respond I will put in a new (or use the current subject in the subject
line), copy and paste into the body in between brackets and then put my info in
(I did it for this email) and send it to the email address listed. Some will
click on reply and reply to a small portion of the email, and leave the rest
that they are responding to (which makes those that get the digest hard to read)