Re: [IP] Type I in Older Folks

 Signe - you seem to be the perfect canidate for the monogenetic diabetes that
is being researched at UChicago. Please go to the website and sign up for this
research and urge your relatives to do this also as the thinking is that when
generations are involved, it is a gene that has gone wrong...please read it as
they are working on a cure right now.

 My son was diagnosed before 12 months of age and he has already given blood and
spit for the purpose of dna, to decide if his type 1 diabetes is monogenetic and
if it is (50% chance), he will be cured...yes cured...with a pill.

 The next category is the one you are in which includes folks diagnosed after 12
months and before age 50... Siince so many of your family members are involved,
your chances are better that it's a genetic problem...check it out..can't
hurt...

go to:   www.monogeneticdiabetes.UChicago.edu