Re: [IP] Medicare & Pumping

Jeff,
Talk to your pump ompany. They know what needs to be done. You can
also talk to the company providinging your pump supplies if you're
using a medical supplier. They also know what needs to be done.

If you have good secondary insurance, they will most likely pick up
the 20% not covered by Medicare. That's what I have, so I can't speak
to Medigap policies.

Although the Medicare policy quoted by John W says "A or B," the fact
is that you have to have a qualifying C-peptide test. So you'll need
letters and prescriptions (both precisely worded -- which is where
your pump company or medical supplier will prove their worth in gold!)
from your doc, as well as the lab work.

I did it with relatively little aggravation by starting with my pump
company who sent me on to the medical supplier.

Get started today!!
Diane