[IP] Should I take a break from pumping?

I need help!!

I have been on an insulin pump since 2001.  I have been having issues with
scar tissue, pump bumps, infections this past year.  I currently change my
site every three days, as it's not worth it to me to change every two days,
since it takes me awhile to get the blood sugars stable after site changes.

Last night, I noticed that my site was red (sign of site infection), and I
had just changed it that morning.  So, after twelve hours, I had to remove
and reinsert in another spot.  Absorption seemed unusually poor, so I just
changed that site just now, and noticed that it too was red and inflamed.
So now I'm onto site three in just over 24 hours!

Has anyone else had this problem???  I am seriously considering going back
to multiple daily injections.

If so, will a pump vacation remedy this problem?

Has anyone gone on a pump vacation--and what were the results?  I love being
able to pump, but not if I'm dealing with infections and constant site
changes.

Any help is much appreciated!

Blessings,
Ruth