  From: Susan Lane
  To: email @ redacted
  Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 8:20 PM
  Subject: Re: [IP] Re: venting

  Hi, Adrienne, I have done a small amount of research on this, so I
  absolutely am limited in my knowledge, but a high protein diet is a good
way
  to lose weight for the short run, but quite unhealthy over the long haul.
  People who cut their calories will lose weight no matter what the crazy
diet
  is.  The issue is living a normal life and eating healthy for many years.
  I'm not sure that a high protein diet is the way to go for a very long
time.

  Perhaps, someone else can chime in on this.  I am very physically active
and
  I just don't think a high protein diet would do it for me.  And, what
people
  need to be aware of is the glycemic index of a food.  So, if a type II eats
  only whole wheat bread, which is very low on the glycemic index, they will
  feel full much longer since it takes so much longer to digest and does not
  spike your sugar.  It has been proven that spikes actually make you
  hungrier.

  Susan

  On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Adrienne Burton
<email @ redacted