From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Richard Vaughn
Sent: 05 July 2011 03:17
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Double Diabetes?

I have been type 1 for 65 years. In 1998 I was diagnosed with insulin
resistance, which is the defining characteristic of type 2. I have been a
double diabetic now for 13 years. I used Avandia tablets for 12 years and it
helped my resistance very much. Since Avandia has caused some people heart
problems, my doctor now has me using Metformin. In the few months I have
used Metformin I have lost 11 pounds. I have leveled off and my weight seems
to be stable now, I am only 6 pounds overweight. I take 1000 mg tablets, one
with breakfast, and one with dinner in the evening. My diabetes is very
stable with my insulin pump + Metformin. Some people have temporary gastric
problems with Metformin, but that almost always stops after 3 weeks oe so. I
did not have any side effects at all.