Re: [IP] venting

hi there, I've been a diabetic for about 37 years so i'm right there with
you. when I was pregnant with my daughter who is now 27 yrs old I was
comatose at least 9 times during the pregnancy. There were no glucometers
yet and when I was in the labor room on the day I delivered I was in a coma
and the nurses thought I was taking a nap. When they checked my blood
glucose it was 13 mg/dl. I had an
emergency c/section after being given D50, so my daughter crashed and was in
intensive care nursery for about three weeks. I feel very
fortunate to have a healthy kid and am greateful that the disease had  had
so many helpful additions added and all covered by most insurance companies.
I now have strips to check my blood sugar twenty times a day and  I have an
insulin pump. I haven't been comatose from a low for a year. I did see a
psychiatrist a few years ago because I was so tired of being a diabetic and
was on antidepresives for about six months but realized I wanted to live so
I tried to change my attitude. By the way, six of my first cousins are type
I and three have died, all before the age of 48; from complications.So
please take care of yourself.