[IP] venting

I was always taught to never say "I hate" anything, my parents were rather
firm on that. Being a parent myself now, I agree with not letting my son
say  those very words I wasn't allowed to say. However today, I really have to
go  against my parents wishes, and say without a doubt. I HATE DIABETES!  I
 have had diabetes since 1977 when I was barely 3 years old, I have peed on
 sticks, checked sugars with meters the size of todays laptops, been
through the  NPH, pure pork/beef, you name it, chances are I have tried it, or
have a friend  from summer camp for kids with diabetes who has tried it.
Trigger finger, carpal  tunnel, diabetic retinopathy, now a cataract, 24 hour
urinalysis yearly, (if one  more doctor says "well you know diabetics are more
prone to....." I think I  might scream) severe lows being saved by my 10 year
old, (no child should have  to save their parent). Technology and medical
progress has come a long way in  the past 34 years of my life, and for that I
am very thankful. Today however I  am having one of those days that I just
can't seem to get it right.  Some  days I really wish I could just flip a
switch and forget about diabetes for the  day.
That's all, guess I just needed to vent and get it off my chest to a group
of folks who may appreciate and understand.
Happy 4th everyone. Thank you to all who fight or fought for my freedom.
God Bless America.
Jennifer DX'd age 3, pumping for 5 years